How to fix the Unbound module Graphics in an ocaml project

Image
From ~/pr/gitl/ocaml-gol In a constant effort to learn new programming languages, I'm currently trying to use ocaml , a free and open-source general-purpose, multi-paradigm programming language maintained at the Inria . It's basically an extension of Caml with object-oriented features. I'm mostly interested by its functionnal and pattern matching features but the module part of the language can be a bit difficult to understand for someone with little to none ML (Meta Language) background.   The error When trying to use the graphics module to create a graphical window and go just a little further than the simplest helloworld program, here is the result : If the project uses dune : (executable (name ocaml_project) (libraries lwt.unix graphics) ) with this code : let () = Printf.printf "Hello, world!\n";; Lwt_io.printf "Hello, world!\n";; Graphics.open_graph " 800x600";; The first times I built this project running the du

Dev's not dead

I'm not dead yet and neither is my code. This blog, however is, and I will try to fix that.

 

Actual state

The truth is that, these days, I was more into streaming and competitive programming than traditionnal, more serious development.

I splitted my dev repos in two different accounts, bitbucket for all professional-related and old work and a « new » gitlab account, used for game-related ans streamed repositories. While my old dev name remains *rainbru*, my new streamer name is now discontinued. The new repositories will created at github with a big focus on company/industry-related project, mainly written in C++,ruby,perl and JS. This will give daily commit if I can, side by side with an active work on freecodecamp and mit's ocw daily work tyo heavently have some certifications.

Reactivation

So, I'll try to reactivate this blog, trying to post some dev-related articles more than once in a five years span. Btw, today is also my birthday -- yippee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a map of variant in C++